Science Around You
Capturing Scientific Phenomena as it occurs all around you--everywhere you go, even in your own backyard!
Look at the pictures below and choose one that interests you. Then, think about these questions:
- What questions could you ask about this picture? (Good questions tend to lead to other questions that expand or refine the initial query.)
- With whom could you share your questions or theories?
- How could you use Social Media to evaluate and communicate information?
- How could you explain what is happening in these pictures?
- How could you model your descriptions and/or explanations?
- How could you engage in argument around a claim you could make about the phenomena in these pictures and the evidence that supports your claim?
See the webinar about Cell Phone Science and Phenomena around you:
As I navigate around the world, I collect the science that I see. With modern devices, I can effectively collect these phenomena anywhere, anytime on my cell phone. When I do, I put them in a special folder on my phone to make these images easy to find and share!