Google Cardboard Resources
Google Cardboard has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile with technology! There are so many opportunities here for education and observation and excitement and engagement! This is where I'll be saving Cardboard resources, so check back often for new stuff!
New: Stereoscopes with Google Cardboard
- Google Cardboard Livebinder - A one stop shop for many things Google Cardboard, including where to purchase in bulk and how to access a few awesome apps!
- Virtual Expeditions Livebinder - Another great Livebinder that includes a boatload of resources for what I call "Field Trips in Your Face!"
- Virtual Field Trips Livebinder - As the technology grows, so do the resources! Here's another Livebinder with great resources!
- Best of List on Wareable - Includes links to new apps, including Youtube's new 360 degree videos and a Virtual Reality Star Wars!
- Google Cardboard - The initial app that will let you see a little of what your phone can do with Virtual Reality and help you get set up.
- Virtual Roller Coaster - This is the second VR app I downloaded and the kids and I LOVED it!
- New York Times Virtual Reality - Don't just read the news. Be inside it.
- Google Spotlight Stories - 360 degree, interactive stories.
- VR Cities - Go on vacation virtually to cities all over the world!
- Skydive 360 - Probably not a good idea to eat before you experience this one but it is visually stunning!
- VRSE - 360 degree and 3D Media content to explore and discover.
- Google Street View - An essential Cardboard app. Think of a place in the world you want to go and then go there!
- JAUNT - An immersive app with many different options, including a virtual Disney experience.
- Discovery VR - An immersive VR app from the Discovery Channel.
- DinoTrek VR - Ever wondered what it might be like to walk with dinosaurs?
- InCell VR - Go inside a cell in this immersive game experience.
- VR Lessons from Thinglink - While this is a paid app, I see a lot of potential in this, especially when students and teachers can create content like this!
From Reddit User Faduci, who moderates Google Cardboard and ViewMaster Reddits. If you are a Reddit user, and are interested in even more, please check out what Faduci shares!
- Google Cardboard app, official demo app Android
- Insurgent VR, teaser VR companion experience for Insurgent movie. Android
- Sisters: A Virtual Reality Ghost Story, a horror experience. Android
- Fibrum Roller Coaster VR, a roller coaster. Look at the lever to start. Android
- Cmoar Roller Coaster VR, USD 2.99, a commercial roller coaster, but a very good one, worth the money.Android
- Crazy Swing VR, another ride. Android
- VR Jump Tour, a strange app using 360° video recorded with a drone. You can jump/swing very high by acutally jumping or at least standing up very fast. Takes a long time to load the video data after the first start. [iOS only]
- War of Words VR, a VR poem experience, companion app to a BBC documentary, very short. Android
- Refugio Space Station, a spacestation and planet to explore with auto-walk (look at your feet) Android
- Tuscany Villa, port of the classic Oculus Rift demo, (auto-)walk around in a villa in Tuscany Android
- London VR, a 360° photo based tour through London Android
- InMind VR, playable teaser for a brain themed shooter. Android
- The Height, a rather old game with multiple levels, the objective is to collect cubes, fast on slow phones, still interesting due to the use of height which is always impressive in VR. Android
- Froggy VR, a cartoon style kid friendly multi-level game involving eating flies and hopping around a pond.Android
- Virtual Kaiju 3D, USD 0.99, a strange commercial VR rampage game, played as a Godzilla like monster. You have to roar into the microphone to spit fire. Interesting primarily for the weird concept. Android
- Zombie Shooter VR, a shooter on rails. Android
- Moorente, simple duck shooting game. Android
- Paul McCartney, a virtual concert in 360°. Android
- Kris Menace Virtual Edition, sort of a VR music video. Android
- Vrse, a viewer for very impressive 360° videos available from within the app. Android
- Homido 360 VR player, stereoscopic movie, 360° video and VR web browser, working with YouTube [iOS only]
- Mobile VR Station, a movie viewer. [iOS only)]
- VR ONE Cinema, virtual cinema Android (there are better ones for Android)